Tuesday, May 4, 2010

S-P-A-S-T-I-C!


Spazziness (it could be a word...) seems to play a prominent role in my life these days... (refer to an older post about a sad young woman and a jalapeno...) I was delving into some much needed yard work yesterday, taking advantage of the one day of spring that we have seen this year, the boys were enjoying worms and dirt and the sensation of sand being poured over each others heads; when the accident occurred.

I had filled my wheelbarrow to the brim with what we affectionately call poop dirt. Dirt mulch fertilizer stuff. I was about to tip the load into the garden bed when the strap on my three year old dollar flip flops snapped launching me sideways. Overcome with the load of poop dirt, I tipped, the wheel barrow falling on top of me pinning my leg and slicing my toe and apparently I had the good fortune of hitting the ground the exact time a bee of some kind was in the grass...yes I got stung on the leg as I hit the ground...I have the itching sting today to prove it! seriously who does this stuff, or maybe people do but they don't choose to blog about it, hmmm...anywho--

My sweet Gavin ran inside and brought me back all assortments of transformer band aids to help my bleeding toe, and sat there reassuring me that I would eventually be O.K. Then he says, "Mom, you should eat some cookie dough, that will make you feel all better." ME: "Hmmm that probably would make me feel better, good idea Gav." GAV: "I hurt my finger at Grandma Nash's house the other day and she said cookie dough makes everything feel better, and I ate some and I was all better mom!"


Thank goodness for cookie dough!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

What a sweet little caregiver! So did you get the cookie dough?

winston and jillyn egan said...

Ash you always tell the funniest stories. I thourghly enjoy them, even if it is at the expense of you getting hurt (although I do feel bad. Especially about your toe and the sting). And how cute is li'l Gav? What a sweetie!

Ann Mitchell said...

WOW! Did you have pictures?

Anonymous said...

um the slicing of the toe part sounds too gruesome for me. But great story. Your life must be so dramatic these days with such constant mishaps.

emcghee said...

It DOES happen to the rest of us! For me it's usually punctuated by a choice word or phrase. But I like the way you write about it, it's fun to read!

Lewis Fam said...

love it:)